Sunday, February 24th – 1:00 PM
Meet at the Entrance to the Triborough Bridge Southeast Corner of 2nd Avenue @ 125th Street
VOICE YOUR CONCERNS AND DEMAND THAT THE CITY & PARKS DEPARTMENT:
• Stop the Construction! Go thru Land Review (ULURP) Process & Prepare Environmental Impact Statement
• Abolish the Private School Franchise Contract & Develop a More Open and Fair Permitting Process
• Develop a Community-Based Plan for Increased Access to Ball Fields for Local Schools and Organizations
• Provide Adequate Park Maintenance Funding & Open the 103rd Street Footbridge Year-Round
• Improve Safety and Public Transportation & Stop the Implementation of Artificial Turf
• End Private Parties That Prohibit Access to Public Park Land
PARTICIPANTS: Council Member Melissa Mark-Viverito • East Harlem Preservation• Manhattan Borough President Scott M. Stringer • Class Size Matters • Citywide Councils on High Schools • NYC Park Advocates • Friends of Brook Park • New York Environmental Law & Justice Project • East Harlem Little League • Puebla en Marcha • Urban Divers • No Spray Coalition• Community Association of East Harlem Triangle Inc.
Call (212) 828-9800 to Register Your School, Church or Community Organization.