|September 18, 2006|
“Loisaida Cultural Wire” with Luis R. Cancel
Listen to the most recent show here
“Loisaida Cultural Wire” with Luis Cancel
Every Monday from Noon – 2:00 PM
The Monday Sept. 11th program (listen now) included segment interviews with:
- Edy Ferguson, a visual artist and musician
- Gabriel Romance, one of the featured singers appearing on
Tuesday Sept. 12, 2006 in the “Singers in September” vocalists program at CSV Cultural Center 8:00 PM
- Downtown Movement & Dance with Regina Miranda, a weekly segment on the downtown contemporary dance scene.
- Musical tribute to Willie Colon (various selections from the albums “El Malo” and “Siembra.”)
Other segments included upcoming cultural events calendar for CSV and other Loisaida cultural venues; musical selections and commentary on NYC cultural policies and its effects on creative individuals.
INSTRUCTIONS TO ADD PODCAST TO iTunes:
- Launch the iTunes program on your computer. Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Select “Advanced” from the top level commands.
- From the drop-down menu select “Subscribe to Podcast…” this will open a pop-up window.
- Copy and paste this address into the pop-up window: http://www.eastvillageradio.com/podcasts/2220/7.xml
- Click on the “OK” button.
- The iTunes program will begin to download the initial podcast of the Loisaida Cultural Wire. Depending on your connection speed the program may take 15 to 25 minutes to download to your computer.
- Select the podcast and click on the “Play” button to listen after it has downloaded.
CSV Cultural Center wants to thank all of the folks that make East Village Radio possible! (www.eastvillageradio.com)
The iTunes program can be downloaded for free, for either Windows or Apple computers, from: www.apple.com